Tuesday 13 December, 2011

"Neharika"

 
Thought to share something about my princess. 'Princess' - I meant, my daughter. Of course, all children are prince and princesses to their mother...even I am the same to my mother. But my baby is a SPECIAL princess (as we say in 'special dosa' or 'special coffee').

Neharika entered our world on July 05, 2011, an auspicious day for me and my loved ones. A baby girl, my mother told me. I had undergone a C-section, and was unconscious and so barely saw her on her first day.

Her birth was a miracle to us, a REAL miracle. Normally people say that a pregnant lady should be very careful during her first three months. She should never have physical or mental stress. But unknowing that I am mother of a baby, I had undergone both mental as-well-as physical stress through my first three months of pregnancy. Adding to that I had engulfed 10 Modus pills also. I had PCOD's and so the doctor advised me to reduce weight in order to overcome the disorder.

I used to work for night shifts and return home by 4 AM. My husband would accompany me in my exercise routine (a real knot round my throat). I used to do jogging, sit-ups, swirling, jumping and all sorts of physical agitations. I just cant believe how my baby survived these tremors inside. It’s indeed a miracle. 

We used to get pregnancy detection kits, and each time we get a negative result, I used to break-down. I was really aggressive to see a positive result on the strip. Unexpectedly, when my baby was a three month old fetus, the doctor told the glad news to us. My husband didn’t know exactly whether to rejoice or not. The doc told us that she is not sure with the maturity of the baby and asked us to wait for two more months, until the baby develops. She seemed quite nervous. But I was confident that my baby is safe and didn’t have any fear that something unexpected will happen. That was not the case with everyone in my family.

I was advised bed rest for a month, but I barely got 10 days of medical leave. And through-out the ten months was a real battle for me. Pregnancy-related morning sickness, vomiting, leg cramps, breathing problem, heart burn were all dumped in me. All I awaited was to see the face of my healthy baby. I used to say, "My baby will be fine without any defect", but it was only my mouth that uttered those words. My mind was like a volcano that was mixing-up all sorts of negative thoughts that might end-up in a destruction.

It was told that natural child birth will not be possible for me. Finally, the day arrived and I was there over the bed in the operation-theater. It was not the first time I was undergoing a surgery. But this time it was a major one. My pressure level showed a steep increase. I started to shiver and my body was moving up and down. I felt as if I was never going to see this world again and that was the end of it. All the fear I had until then to see my baby as a normal child, began to burst out. I was shouting if my baby was fine or not. And after a few minutes, I heard a loud cry, a healthy cry, and it was from my baby. "Thank God" - the baby is out. There were around four doctors in the theater and they started a discussion regarding the child's feet if it was proper or not. You can imagine my, a mother's mind. I wished if the ground engulfs me right then. I was not able to control and was still shouting for help and the docs told me that my baby was fine. I felt it to be a regular reply from doctors. I started losing consciousness little by little. But my inner-mind was not prepared to rest. I kept on asking the nurses, if my baby was fine. All their answers didn’t satisfy me. And without my knowledge I fell asleep at some point of time, due to sedation.

After a while, I felt my husband near me. My mother showed me my baby and said, "a beautiful baby girl for you". I didn’t know if I should smile or cry. She was like a little rose bud, which was ready to bloom. I was barely able to utter a word. I asked my husband if my baby was fine without any disabilities. He told that due to the improper seating of the baby in my uterus, her leg was little titled and it will by fine after a few days. I got my life back. I had the world in my hand. I felt to be worth living.

I am damn sure that I was unable to put all my feelings I underwent, in my writing. Its unexplainable. After that I realized a fact that GREAT is the birth of mother. I started to admire my mother like I never did before.

Here are some pictures of cute "Neharika". She is five months old now:












wonder is our birth, as a child, as a parent, as a guide, and finally as a memory

2 comments:

  1. The art of mothering is to teach
    the art of living to children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..that is really touching preju..**sniff..sniff*...I can feel how you felt these 10 months.really great.Proud to be a woman:D

    Aarthi

    ReplyDelete

yes, start pouring-in...